Sunday, January 6, 2013

(Back From The Land Of Promise:Mexico. Here to Return to the Shallow Emptiness of Meaningless Consumer-Driven Lives) Babe of the Week

Double the Fun: Paying Reparations to My Loyal Fans
After strong consideration over the past week and a half, I've taken the liberty of appealing to my more understanding persona, and have come to the conclusion that I have selfishly kept my fan base waiting on the edge of a precipice for a solemn week and a half, without a word to anyone: I've disappeared without a trace or a simple blog post. Well no matter, friends! I have returned and, as such, will deliver!
I've taken the matter quite seriously and decided that this week should result in TWO Babes of the Week. Withhold your prejudice and behold the beauties that are this week's Babes of the Week.


Ewan McGregor

Most young women and men today haven't heard of Ewan McGregor; it just so happens that those people are the uncultured swine of our sad generation.He has worked alongside many great actors/actresses including Nicole Kidman [Moulin Rouge], Christian Bale [Velvet Goldmine], George Clooney [The Men Who Stare At Goats], and so on. Ewan McGregor is simply phenomenal and has proven himself to be, not only a good actor, but an amazing and swoon-worthy singer . If you've seen Moulin Rouge, you'd understand [E.McGregor and Nicole Kidman's duet of the song "Come What May" always sparks an unwanted tear and division streak of smeared makeup and skin on my face], if you haven't, then you've only proven my past remark [ uncultured swine yada yada yada.] Many people remember his as Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars Episodes II & III -movies, of which I don't take kindly to, my unresolved prejudice towards science fiction movies covers a certain bias in the movies I watch. I also think George Lucas is a bit overrated. Regardless of the fact that he is a part of the sci-fi movie franchise, the one of which I can't stand, he is truly an artist among actors, and a king among men. He's also ridiculously adorable and if he asked me out for an afternoon of herbal tea and a slam poetry reading, I would most likely say "yes." Kudos McGreg'.
                                 -it's a little bit funny, this feeling inside.

James Franco

It has come to my astonishment that I had not considered Sir Franco sooner, and for that, I apologize. Mr. Franco, though young and a bit eccentric, has made quite a name for himself in the film industry, with such roles as: Harry Osbourne in the Spiderman Trilogy, Saul in Pineapple Express, Scott in Milk, Aron Ralston in 127 Hours and Chris Campbell in the 21st century version of Cyrano de Bergerac, Whatever It Takes. He's just delicious in whate'er atmosphere he's portrayed in. There's also a sense of "home" that comes with James Franco. Whether it be the welcoming effect of his extensive laugh lines or the dream-like downward slant of his eyes, the very one that brings forth a sense of relaxation and a reassuring feeling that "everything will be alright." His entire visage reminds me of a simpler time, when actors were artists.
It's a bit too early in the morning to start a rant on today's pop culture so I shall leave on this note: James Franco is the modern day people person's version of Classic Hollywood. Kudos, Jimmy.

                             -love lift us up where we belong.
                                   The Council of Babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment